Best Practices for Starting Your Bathroom Remodel…
Increasingly, homeowners in the Dayton area who continue to spend most of their time in their homes, want their homes to perform better. The desire for better home performance has caused home renovation and remodeling to boom. As a leading expert on kitchen and bath renovations located in Kettering, we help homeowners create new spaces that not only improves their homes’ performance, but also improves their family members’ lives and happiness.
Many homeowners need a space in their home that they can call their own; a space where they can take a few minutes of the day all to themselves, devoid of texts, tweets and even small feet to relax and wash away the stresses of the day. That space can be the primary bath.
A good starting point to creating the bathroom of your dreams is to determine how you would like the finished space to look, perform and feel when the project is completed. The first step is to talk through these questions to focus on your priorities:
- Do you and your family like to take long soaks in a tub?
- Would you and your family prefer a high-performing multifunctional shower?
- Can the space accommodate both a tub for soakers as well as a high-performing shower?
- Are you interested in taking advantage of the health benefits of water massage, color, light, aroma and steam therapies or combinations thereof?
- Do you plan to age in place in your existing home?
- How many sinks do you prefer?
- Are you aware of the benefits of a high-performing toilet? They can include temperature-controlled water, seat warmers, motion sensors and even self-cleaning options.
- How “smart” do you want your bathroom to be? From voice control to intelligent faucets to demisters built into the mirrors, there are so many options available to consider today.
- Does a heated floor on cold winter nights and days have an appeal?
- How much storage do you require?
- What other functions and fixtures are most important?
After you prioritize functionality and future needs, the next step in planning the bath is to determine the look and feel you want to achieve. Of course, you want your new primary bath to be beautiful. That’s a given. But determining the style that is best suited to your tastes and existing décor takes more thought and planning. Primarily…
- What color schemes make you smile and fit your goals?
- The expansive power of white is put to good use in small spaces. Mixing warm creams softens the light and complements skin tones.
- Among neutrals, gray is a sophisticated option that picks up on chrome and nickel finishes. Pewter gray feels luxurious and classic, producing a restful mood perfect for a candlelit soak.
- Like air and water, mineral blues and green-blues automatically refresh.
- Warm, sandy yellows pair well with wood, wicker and other natural materials, while having the added bonus of enhancing skin tones.
- What textural elements do you want? From curtains to accent tiles to towels and rugs, there are many ways to add materials that’ll add depth and additional appeal to your design.
Our most successful projects don’t necessarily reflect the hottest trends. Instead, we work with homeowners in the Miami Valley to provide a primary bath that makes them smile every time they cross the threshold. And also provides the functionality that fits their lifestyle now and into
Space can be a challenge. Many primary baths are not in large spaces but that does not mean you can’t create a primary bath that wows. We often can find and create space by identifying opportunities from unused work areas or adjoining rooms. And there are many design opportunities as well for making a small bathroom both appear larger and provide the additional space needed, such as choices in vanities, cabinetry and other storage solutions.
Lighting is also and often a key component to achieving homeowner goals, especially where space is at a premium. Consider all three types in your planning: task, ambient and accent.
How can you take advantage of the most successful bath renovation practices to create the bathroom of your dreams? Give us a call at 937-563-4804 and let us schedule a free consultation to show you how your new primary bath can become a personal refuge from the stresses of the day.